Our goal is for you to be completely happy with your unique Dreamscape Jewelry Design pieces which are made using quality materials and with the utmost care. The following information should help you protect and preserve your jewelry.
The pieces are designed to be worn as any fine jewelry should be and treated as such.
- Use only jewelry polishing cloths to clean your pieces, as dipping in cleaning fluids can damage the luster of both the crystals and gemstones.
- Try to to keep your sterling silver jewelry in a cool, dry place. Anti-tarnishing cloths also help in resisting tarnish.
- Polishing cloths are an excellent choice for cleaning your copper and sterling silver jewelry. You might read recommendations to use toothpaste to clean sterling silver, but avoid doing that — toothpaste is abrasive and can leave scratches.
Gemstones: (require different cleaning methods based on their hardness)
- One method which is safe for all types is to use an untreated polishing cloth to bring back the lustre and shine.
- Helpful link: http://www.firemountaingems.com/encyclobeadia/beading_resources.asp?docid=CLEANINGGEMSTONES
Copper: (if left on its own, darkens and develops a lovely patina)
- It can be cleaned using a variety of household products. A helpful link : http://www.ehow.com/how_4473390_clean-copper-jewelry.html
- If you like the look of shiny copper, polishing cloths will bring out a quick shine.
Gold or Gold Plated:
- Clean gold plated jewelry the same way you clean solid gold jewelry, being mindful not to scratch it.
- Put a couple drops of dish liquid in warm water. Do NOT use automatic dish liquid because it does contain abrasives.
- Let the jewelry soak for a few minutes to loosen the dirt.
- Brush the jewelry with a small, soft brush (i.e. an old toothbrush). You especially want to brush around stones and clasps to remove accumulated body oils and dirt.
- Rinse with water taking care not to let the pieces escape down the drain (you can use a small wire strainer or mesh tea strainer).
- Dry with paper towels or anything else that’s lint-free.
- A solution of half Mr. Clean, half water with a splash of ammonia can be used to clean gold plated jewelry. This is what many jewelry stores use in their ultrasonic jewelry cleaning machine. Soak for 15 seconds then rinse with water and dry.*