March 10, 2019: Spring Cleaning Our Lives
“It’s time for a spring cleaning of your thoughts. It’s time to stop just existing, it’s time to start living.” Steve Maraboli
it’s a tradition at the beginning of January, to set New Year resolutions, and create goals of changing our behaviors to supposedly make us better versions of ourselves and improve our lives. We make promises to be more healthy, organized, productive and complete long standing projects (like daunting, cluttered basements that have eluded us for years.)
Yet winter can often have a dampening effect on fledgling inspirations. Initial enthusiasms can hunker back down, subdued by the seemingly endless, long, cold, dark days. When energy levels are low, it’s too tempting to settle back down into comfortable and familiar routines. The best made promises gradually fade away.
Yet the annual event of setting our clocks ahead is a signpost of the coming season. Each day the sun moves higher in the sky bringing us two more minutes of daylight. Every little bit helps!
Spring is a time of renewal and rebirth, and a perfect time to dust off our flagging ambitions. Our “Spring Cleaning” which usually refers to our homes and yards, can expand to embrace ourselves, clear out any defeatist thoughts and set us back on a path of motivation.
As the days increase in sunlight hours, we can clear out the mental cobwebs and distracting dust to gain a brighter perspective on our lives.
Even if there is snow still on the ground, the signs of Spring are emerging daily. Sometimes all we need is a little motivation whether it’s a bunch of fragrant daffodils or some inspiring quotes. Whatever you hope to achieve this year, whether it’s a treasured dream or the completion or a long overdue project, here are some quotes to help you spring back into action.
1. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. — Confucius
2. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
3. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius
4. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
5. Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine. ― Roy T. Bennett
6. If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you. – Les Brown
7. If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles. – Wayne Dyer
8. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. ― Paulo Coelho
9. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. — Theodore Roosevelt
10.Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change. – Unknown
11. Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. – Francis of Assisi
12. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Do you have a quote that inspires or is meaningful to you? We’d love to have you share it with us and others.